January 10, 2022
I do not have to tell you that the past two years have been hard. In a world rocked by COVID-19, we all had to do more to stay well, to keep safe, and to stay connected to each other. Through the uncertainty, there’s always been hope. As I continued my second year as President of the New York Claim Association, I knew that hope and our fighting spirit would keep the Association moving forward.
The organization has continued to evolve and grow primarily due to the Board of Directors and our thriving membership base. We continue to deliver on our core values: professional ethics and education. Our 2021 virtual professional workshops have been a success enjoyed by many of our members and guests, with informative agendas for many claims professionals. Our 2021 Golf Outing sold out and was quite successful. We had beautiful weather and there was a terrific group of peers enjoying each other’s company in person! I hope to see you all there at this year’s event at the fantastic Cherry Valley Club.
I am happy to announce that the NYCA will be making our 2022 charitable donation to Pale-O-Mine Equestrian; their mission has been to provide a comprehensive therapeutic equine program using horses to facilitate growth, learning and healing. The populations include children and adults with disabilities, those who have been abused or neglected, military and the impoverished. A group of Board members visited this location recently and words cannot describe the fantastic work they do for the community.
- If you are not already a New York Claim Association member, please consider joining as membership will continue to have defined privileges as we grow.
- We will continue with virtual workshops and plan to go back in person in late Spring.
- The 2022 golf outing at the Cherry Valley Country Club will again be in June; keep an eye out for additional information. org
- We are back on the 2022 Holiday Gala, again at the beautiful Harvard Club.
- Check back on the website for the “Meet the Board Event” in the Spring/Summer.
With our collective dedication, we can advance the goals of the New York Claim Association and remain at the forefront of the insurance industry as the organization continues to pull out of the pandemic.
New York Claim Association