New York Liquidation Bureau – Career Opportunity
Position: Manager I – Creditor and Ancillary Operations Division/Guaranty Fund Operations
Company: New York Liquidation Bureau (“NYLB”)
Location: Lower Manhattan, New York
The Manager I in the Guaranty Fund Operations (“GF”) department of the Creditor and Ancillary Operations Division provides support to the GF department Sr. Manager and oversees the adjudication of guaranty fund claims to ensure compliance with established industry policies, procedures, protocols and standards.
- Reviews and maintains a master list of guaranty fund claims for estates open in New York domestic liquidation proceedings.
- Coordinates incoming claims, financial, and other records with guaranty funds.
- Reviews and coordinates the update and maintenance of record logs.
- Reviews and assigns incoming GF claims and financial records to GF department personnel for processing.
- Reviews error reports and coordinates the correction of the errors with GF department and ITS personnel as needed.
- Reviews financial records and reviews updates to liability charts for accuracy of updates.
- Reviews reconciliation reports, corresponds with guaranty funds, and assigns the GF claims for adjudication.
- Reviews write-ups for presentation to the Large Claims Committee, the Special Deputy Superintendent and others required under NYLB procedures.
- Coordinates the mailing of questionnaires to triggered guaranty funds as needed.
- Prepares schedules and paperwork of recommended allowances for submission to court.
- Coordinates inquiries from Legal Operations Division relating to court submissions.
- Assists in quarterly review of internal functions and controls.
- Ensures adherence to approved NYLB protocols and internal controls by GF personnel.
- Reviews, updates, sets-up, and implements departmental priorities.
- Assists in conducting employee performance appraisals.
- Supervises and oversees training and development of staff.
- Ensures that CAO records are properly maintained and necessary approvals obtained.
- Reviews and approves Time Accruals/Dayforce for GF personnel.
- Assists on special projects and other assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a specialty area such as accounting, finance, or business administration and hands-on accountancy or auditing experience and/or relevant work background for a combined experience level of 5 years preferably, including at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Guaranty Funds experience preferable.
- Experience in insurance accounting.
- Proficiency in financial/Insurance reporting.
- Previous supervisory experience and ability to effectively manage staff.
- Computer competent with proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Familiarity with claims and financial data systems.
- Creative in approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to determine and follow through on shifting priorities and assume an active role.
- Ability to operate several computer software programs.
We offer extensive benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Please fax your resume to 212-349-5810 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran